October 2015 - present
NPR/PBS Arizona Public Media
Immigration - Border - Latin American Issues
2000 to 2015 Executive Producer/Reporter, Media Source AMERICA (Bilingual Spanish/English)
Managed Community Relations portion of an 8.5 million dollar federal grant with 5 Southern Arizona area school districts. Produce two news stories per week for ABC TV affiliate in Southern Arizona. Stories sent to other ABC affiliates in Southwest U.S.
· Produce news stories for NBC, CNN, ABC , BBC, CBC and other major TV networks in the U.S., Mexico and Canada
· Develop Social Marketing and Community Relations Campaigns for non-profit organizations
1995 to 1999 Mexico Bureau Chief, International Media Broadcasting
Produced news stories and special projects about Mexico and Latin America for 12 U.S. TV stations.
1986 to 1988 WSMV-TV Nashville, TN Special Projects Reporter/Producer
1983 to 1986 KGUN-TV Tucson, Arizona Special Projects Reporter/Producer
19 81 to 1983 KDFW-TV Dallas, Texas Special Projects/Medical Reporter
1979 to 1981 KDKA-TV Pittsburgh, PA General Assignment Reporter
1977 to 1979 KUSA-TV Denver, Colorado General Assignment Reporter/Producer
1975 to 1977 WSOC-TV Charlotte, N.C. General Assignments Reporter
1974 to 1975 KVOA-TV Tucson, Arizona General Assignments Reporter
- Columbia Dupont “Silver Baton” The “Pulitzer Prize” of broadcast journalism. Awarded by Dan Rather of CBS News for reporting from Central America throughout the civil war.
- National EMMY Award Awarded for “Soldiers of Hope”, a documentary on the most remote Peace Corps location on Earth. Spent months in Africa documenting the stories of modern day Peace Corps volunteers. 5 other Emmy awards for reporting from the U.S./Mexico Border and Central and South America.
- Golden Eagle “Cine” Award Awarded for international reporting and a documentary film about newfound religious freedom throughout the former Soviet Union.
- Wilbur Award Awarded for international reporting and a film project on the devastating earthquake in Armenia.
- Associated Press/United Press Five (5) first place awards for documentaries over a ten-year period for reporting from the Arizona/Mexico Border region.
- PRSA - (Public Relations Society of America Make Way For Books, Best Short Video
- Golden Quill Award Best Medical Reporting and Border Reporting
- F.B.I. Community Service Award for volunteer hours to children and education issues
- Carlos Robles Foundation Community Service Award
- Pan Asian Community Service Award